[Cuis-dev] [ChangeSet] Reinstall updated packages when installing updates

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Mon Aug 10 06:14:58 PDT 2020

The safe way will be to start from a fresh image.

Le 09/08/2020 à 23:21, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev a écrit :
> Today I realized that if a Cuis user pulls the Cuis repo, and does
> 'Install 'New Updates' they might reasonable expect that any installed
> packages are also updated.

My bad there to make you suggest it is necessary.

Juan, your good will proposal try to take in consideration a bad habits:
keep working for days and weeks with an image with external packages
installed, then assuming doing an update on this image will be safe. I
remember you documented that an image should never be saved: install
packages, write code, save packages, then throw away the image at the
end of the day. While working on DrGeo on Cuis, I follow this habit, and
it is working nicely. Only when experimenting with Vector graphics I
keep the image.

We should no forget to document it in The Cuis Book.

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu