[Cuis-dev] Let’s change everything

Casey Ransberger bahweep at icloud.com
Fri Aug 28 23:35:37 PDT 2020

Hey Juan!

You were doing some stuff experimentally with the video hardware everyone has in their pants now.

I *really* want to create a sort of holiday for people who love twisty puzzles, starting with the classic Rubik’s Cube. Like, I have a few algorithms that I’m focused on memorizing, but other people should be able to chase their own algorithms.

I’d love to help create a dictionary of speedcubing algorithms and all you have to do if you want access to a community-built set of hard-earned algorithms, is just read and participate.

I want some 3D graphics in Cuis, but we don’t need much: just enough to make use the platform that every speedcuber resorts to when everything else has gone to hell in a hand basket. Just a way to think about what went wrong while you were landing the world record.

I know that your focus is vector graphics, but there are some 3d things I think we need to at least think about.

I’m going to be the fiercest human who ever defended cubing as a legit sport.

Here comes my name!

—Casey