[Cuis-dev] A parser generator for Cuis Smalltalk (Thierry Goubier)

Thierry Goubier thierry.goubier at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 13:33:51 PST 2020

Hi David,

Le mer. 2 déc. 2020 à 17:19, David Faitelson via Cuis-dev
<cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> a écrit :

> Hi Thierry,
>

> ________________________________
> >Hi David,
> >
> >I'm interested (I used to maintain SmaCC for Pharo for a while...), and I
> >teach with SmaCC.
>
> That's great! let me know what you make of it :) maybe if enough people are interested, I can make a live Zoom demonstration.

I'll make a try with the simple things I teach with, and let you know
how that goes.

> >Do you plan to expand the parser types beyond LR?
>
> You mean like GLR? I don't know yet, it depends if enough people are interested or I find a sufficiently good use case for my projects. But in any case, I would like the current system to get some mileage, make sure it is robust and useful before I add more features.

Understood. I have use cases for GLR, but for compute, not for
parsing. If I had the time, I'd like to look into implementing Earley
and the parallel parsing algorithms, but again, not for parsing. I'm
also interested in automated state table splitting upon conflicts,
that would allow one to ditch the LR(0)/LALR(1)/LR(1) choice (and that
one would be for parsing!).

Regards,

Thierry