[Cuis-dev] Cuis-Smalltalk bundles

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 11:02:19 PST 2020

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 7:15 AM Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire at drgeo.eu> wrote:

> Oh, but wait!
>
> Hernán, is there any reason we could not redirect the reader of the book
> to the Cuis universitry bundles?

hmm I do not understand the question...

> It will be a double benefits, both for readers of the book and for
> students using Cuis-university as they could use each other resources.

oh yeah, I'll start using the book next semester... but is there something
special I should take care to do so?

> I see only a few points of annoyance -- but hopefully easy to fix:
>
>    1. The bundles are a snapshot of Cuis at October 2020. The book is
>    based on the most recent Juan changes on Morph, both hierarchy and
>    vectorGraphics (Dec. 23).
>
> ok, I see, that should not be a problem. I usually create a new version of
CuisUniversity with the latest changes when something important changed and
before each semester... I'll create a new version soon.

>    1.
>    2. The Morphic repo is missing:
>    https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Morphic, particularly the *Morphic-Widgets-Extra.pck.st
>    <http://Morphic-Widgets-Extra.pck.st>* package we are using in the
>    Morph chapter.

ok, I'll added

>    1.
>
> If it is not too much work for you and it is not an annoyance using a
> newer Cuis version for your students. It will be cool do it that way.

Not at all!! Thank you for letting me know!

Cheers!
Hernan.

> Thanks
>
> Hilaire
> Le 24/12/2020 à 10:58, Hilaire Fernandes a écrit :
>
> Thanks Hernán,
>
> I could do it, I did it for DrGeo (one bundle per platform, likely OS X
> broken though because of the signature process), but my plate is full.
>
> It is cool if the community can take care of it. As wrote Hernan it really
> helps newbies, and this is what we want.
>
> Hilaire
> Le 24/12/2020 à 00:42, Hernan Wilkinson a écrit :
>
> Yes, you can see it here:
> https://sites.google.com/view/cuis-university/descargas
> They are zip files with the image, vm, packages, etc. Nothing complex
> really but it is really helpful for newbies
> Also, because it comes with LiveTyping and other packages I have a process
> to build the image... again, nothing complex.
> I can share the build process we have if you want
>
> Hernan
>
> --
> GNU Dr. Geohttp://drgeo.euhttps://pouet.chapril.org/@hilaire

*Phone: +54-011*-4893-2057