[Cuis-dev] How can we help?

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Thu Dec 31 02:19:07 PST 2020

Le 29/12/2020 à 20:17, Juan Vuletich a écrit :

> Two years ago, Vector Graphics was purely experimental. Then some
> milestones in its development:
> - About two years ago I used the VectorGraphics engine to build
> TrueType fonts (that can be used with the traditional BitBltCanvas)
> - This year you showed interest in using VectorGraphics for DrGeo. I'm
> a long time admirer and fan of your work, so I rushed to make it
> usable (even if slow). So I built HybridCanvas, and fixed many bugs.
> - Writing this chapter for the book, and especially building the
> examples showed many things to improve. So I added MovableMorph,
> additional refactoring, and fixed a lot of bugs.

In the process I also learn how to use smartly the Morph3

> So things are advancing at a rather good pace.
>
> Now that the book is essentially finished, what is needed now is to
> write a VM plugin with a C version of VectorEngine hierarchy. I need
> to focus on that for some time, maybe 2 or 3 months. The way everybody
> can help is by reading the chapter in the book, getting familiar with
> the ideas and apis, start building things, and report on the
> experience. Bug reports and ideas for improvement are most welcome.

I will refactor and simplify the circular toolbar to use what I learnt
with the book. It will be nice to see more use case with Morph3 and
vector graphic.

> I'm just realizing that in the book I forgot to mention
> https://www.researchgate.net/publication/267152327_Prefiltering_Antialiasing_for_General_Vector_Graphics
> . Maybe I'd add a reference. (Yes, I was afraid someone else could
> patent the technique, disallowing using it to us, so I kept it
> unpublished for several years).

There is the copyright annex in the book if needed.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu