[Cuis-dev] Browser class hierarchy & functionality

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Jan 10 11:05:09 PST 2020

Hi Phil,

Great stuff! (inline)

On 1/10/2020 2:23 AM, Phil B wrote:
> OK, scratch the previous color idea: how about green (add), blue
> (change) and red (delete)?  See attached for a first cut of the
> proposed color scheme.   The implementation is ugly and hacky but it
> works (sort of)... still thinking about the best approach.

Too late for having doubts! I already pushed it to GitHub. There were a
few bugs, especially with class methods (made evident by browsing this
very change set). I included #4016 with the fixes. Anyway, if you come
up with another approach that you prefer, just post again.

While doing this, I found some ugly code (not part of what you did, but
somewhat related), and removed it in #4015. You (all) might want to take
a look at the kind of code that makes my eyes hurt.

> One additional thing I was thinking about was extending the list
> coloring to categories so I did that for deleted methods since it was
> easy.  Not sure if I'm going to have time right now to go that far as
> it has more issues to deal with, but I wanted to play around with the
> concept.

Good.

> On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 10:04 PM Phil B <pbpublist at gmail.com
> <mailto:pbpublist at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     If it looks good, I'd say go ahead and integrate it.  I saw your
>     color changes so I've been playing around with it and my current
>     thinking is that this is going to require some invasive changes in
>     other areas so probably better to do the list stuff as a separate
>     changeset.

:)

>     Also, since we're fixing things: are you OK if I change the diff
>     coloring from reds for adds and blue for deletes to blue for adds
>     and red for deletes?  This has been bugging me forever: in every
>     diff tool I've ever used red means deleted!

Of course!