[Cuis-dev] Expanding on #noteCompilationOf:meta:

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Fri Jan 24 11:14:54 PST 2020

With the SystemChangeNotifier (events), you can get notified que a method
was added, changed, removed, etc., but you can not stop adding/changing or
removing a method from happening. That is the difference I see with what
you propose.
We could "enhance" the system change notifier to add that functionality,
and I think that would be better because it is more consisten with what the
system does right now and it would not be coupled with a class hierarchy
and no redefinition of methods would be necessary.

If you ask me, I would enhance the system change notifier

Hernan.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 6:56 PM Phil B <pbpublist at gmail.com> wrote:

> A correction / clarification...
>
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 4:35 PM Phil B <pbpublist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think this functionality is interesting, I would add it making the
>>> change of #compile:... (not signaling an exception) and without the
>>> implementation in Object class (I would remove #noteCompilation... from
>>> Object class too).
>>>

>> Other than being a composite of #methodAdded, #methodAddedInProtocol and
>> #methodChanged messages, do you see any functional difference from what I'd
>> get from SystemChangeNotifier?
>>

> What I was trying to say/ask was 'do you see anything that I can't
> functionally recreate from what I'd get from SystemChangeNotifier?'  (i.e.
> yes, there's a difference between the mechanisms but, unless I'm missing
> something, I think I can get what I need using SystemChangeNotifier)

*Phone: +54-011*-4893-2057
*Twitter: @HernanWilkinson*