[Cuis-dev] The other way to do namespaces

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Wed Jul 1 08:20:04 PDT 2020

On 2020-06-30 14:06, Luciano Notarfrancesco wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 11:11 PM <ken.dickey at whidbey.com> wrote:
>
>> Also, I am interested in being able to have
>> multiple versions of a single Feature/Package which I can easily do
>> with
>> Environments.
>
> Just want to point out that packages include not only newly defined
> classes but also changes to classes in the base system or other
> packages (new methods or modifications to existing methods).

Very good point.

I am trying for something additive and simple -- perhaps too simple.

Environments so far assume Package Name = Category Name = Feature Name,
which is not the case in Construction or StyledTextEditor.

Part of the exploration is thinking about Source<->Code coordination,
invariants, and expectations.

One deeper change (as in base class shape change) I needed was to add a
field to MethodReference which uses names rather than values to find
Classes.

Good to play/prototype/experiment concretely to discover and think of
these things.

Cheers,
-KenD