[Cuis-dev] Documenting Cuis

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Mon Jul 6 07:27:56 PDT 2020

Hi Hilaire,

I don't have a strong opinion on the best way to document Cuis. I think
a book would be great addition to the Cuis world, and I'm willing to
help. I also think that is the license of the contents is appropriate,
stuff we write could be reused in other forms (like active essays in the
image).

WRT to the table of contents, I'd add a preface explaining what Cuis
(and Smalltalk-80) is all about, and as little space on technicalities
as possible. For instance, I don't think that "Configuring Cuis
Smalltalk environment" is needed, and would collaps Installing... and
Starting... in a single hopefully short text.

I'd also avoid waiting until "advanced topics" to tell a bit about
Morphic. The UI and the environment are central to Smalltalk, and
Morphic is central to Cuis.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,