[Cuis-dev] [cuis-slang] OpenSmalltalkVM Header Generation

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 03:27:41 PDT 2020

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 5:41 PM Philip Bernhart <philip.bernhart at posteo.de>
wrote:

> Luciano Notarfrancesco <luchiano at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I’m using the plugin.h file and writing my plugin directly in C. I’m not
> > using Slang, but my plugin with named primitives is working great!
> Thanks!
>
> Ehm... ok. I'm advising agains that. So you have been warned. If your
> stuff stops working, it's not my fault.

Why would it stop working? You're generating the plugins.h file depending
on the currently running VM and it will regenerate it if I translate my
plugin from Slang instead of having it in plain C?

> > Btw, in plugin.h we have isBytes and isWords, isnt there anything like
> > isDoubleBytes and isDoubleWords for 16 and 64 bits arrays?
>
> Not that I'm aware of. There are:
>
>   sqInt (*classDoubleByteArray)(void);
>   sqInt (*classWordArray)(void);
>   sqInt (*classDoubleWordArray)(void);
>
> but these calls were defined for an interpreter proxy version of
> 15.

Cool, I think Squeak has those classes but we don't have DoubleByteArray
nor DoubleWordArray in the base image.