[Cuis-dev] Dynabook and education

Thierry Goubier thierry.goubier at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 08:10:15 PDT 2020

Hi Luciano,

nice examples!

This reminds me of the Hypermedia system I did in Parcplace Smalltalk
in 1993, to study navigation in hypermedias (one publication...) for
my MAS degree. Reusing HotDraw and MVC widgets embedding inside the
text editor (MVC widgets inside HotDraw, too, even if I think I
cheated on that one).

Morphic should allow that to be a lot easier, but the text support is
no better than it was in the 1990's (i.e. we don't have a text editor
component that is Morphic all the way down).

Nowadays, I'd be interested by someone who has a concept for
hypermedia live programming (i.e. allowing a computation to start on a
page, and use that computation context for the following alternatives
pages in a wiki like setup) even if I think nowadays that teaching
programming is shortsighted...

Regards,

Thierry