[Cuis-dev] Dynabook and education

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Mon Jun 15 01:09:06 PDT 2020

Le 13/06/2020 à 17:10, Thierry Goubier via Cuis-dev a écrit :
> This reminds me of the Hypermedia system I did in Parcplace Smalltalk
> in 1993, to study navigation in hypermedias (one publication...) for
> my MAS degree. Reusing HotDraw and MVC widgets embedding inside the
> text editor (MVC widgets inside HotDraw, too, even if I think I
> cheated on that one).

Any paper to share? I am collecting materials for ideas.

> Morphic should allow that to be a lot easier, but the text support is
> no better than it was in the 1990's (i.e. we don't have a text editor
> component that is Morphic all the way down).
>
> Nowadays, I'd be interested by someone who has a concept for
> hypermedia live programming (i.e. allowing a computation to start on a
> page, and use that computation context for the following alternatives
> pages in a wiki like setup) even if I think nowadays that teaching
> programming is shortsighted...

I think programming is something we are all interested, but we want it
to be mixed in media as you described it

Teaching programming (in secondary) is a never ending story: in 70-80's
it was the Holy Grail, then in the 90's it was considered irrelevant in
favor of ICT, then toward the end of the 2000's it becomes again the
Holy Grail thanks to the Scratch advent. So we have 15-20 years phase
each time.

Likely the right position could be in between.

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu