[Cuis-dev] Please pull all repos! Re: StrikeFont cleanup

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sun Jun 14 12:40:16 PDT 2020

On 6/14/2020 2:14 PM, Mariano Montone via Cuis-dev wrote:
> El 14/6/20 a las 14:00, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev escribió:
>> Juan,
>>
>> I don't understand, what are we supposed to do?
>>
>> I see the image is still the same, so we update the repo then install
>> the newer core packages. Is it that?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Hilaire
>>

>> Le 12/06/2020 à 17:15, Juan Vuletich a écrit :
>>> At GitHub now.
>>>
>>> I updated many packages due to this change. Please pull all your
>>> packages, and tell if you experience any problems.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>> --
>> GNU Dr. Geo
>> http://drgeo.eu
>>

> I think he means:
>
> 1. Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/pullAllRepos.sh to pull all git changes.
> 2. Open current image and do a Changes->Install new updates
> 3. Load your personal packages into the image and test that they work.

Also reload any packages that might have changed. This is not necessary
if you start each time from a  fresh image (like I do).

> I'm having to change things in mine for instance, as I'm using
> AbstractFont default method that is not there anymore.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mariano

Beware, I have already updated all packages in the Cuis-Smalltalk GitHub
organization. That includes Erudite!

That's why it is important to pull any local repos, and reload any
updated packages.

For packages not in the Cuis GitHub organization, yes, please review the
changes and update any senders to removed methods.