[Cuis-dev] Dynabook and education

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Tue Jun 16 03:40:47 PDT 2020

Hi Hernan,

Regarding doubts on the learning approaches I wrote another note[1], it
is more an abstract and there is no much detail but it echos to the
concerns you relate on your message.

I think you write it right.

    /The "solution" must include both, the children and the teachers...
    Maybe focusing more on the teachers will help the childrens?/

I will add: observe the children and the teachers, and deduce what is
needed for them, not what we want.

The Appolo program was engineered by scientists educated with a
traditional way, before the advent of socio-constructivism. The big
difference between then and now is the proportion of educated children
in the general population is much more important and culturally more
diverse. An effective dynabook for education should address this
diversity to be compatible with as much learning model/way of teaching
as possible.

We can say for sure, that since Alan Kay in the '70, no dedicated hw+sw
was designed for education. It looks very odd if you think about it.

Please, let's continue these exchanges.

Hilaire

[1] https://blog.drgeo.eu/2018/07/the-dynabook-and-its-learning-models.html

--