[Cuis-dev] Dynabook and education

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Wed Jun 17 02:47:17 PDT 2020

Le 16/06/2020 à 17:39, Juan Vuletich a écrit :
> Then, instead of just rushing to give it to kids, we'd focus on
> working with teachers on educators on understanding the new
> possibilities, and how to design contents, activities and learning
> processes that take advantage of them.
>
> Usually projects fail because they only do one of these two things.
> Software that ignores teachers will never be adopted, and if it was,
> it wouldn't improve learning much. Projects attempting to build, for
> example, online teaching materials, have huge difficulties because of
> the lack of decent technology to build upon.

Yes, it is so easy to be biased when your culture does not belong the
domain. So I can imagine how the education point of view can be biased
for a pure technical person.

> Hilaire, you are the most important kind of people here, as a teacher
> that already understands software!

Ah Ah! I consider myself to be biased as well -- a tendency to see over
technical stuff obvious -- while kids and even colleagues will have
issues with those technical points. Sometime you encounter a technical
aspect which is a friction point for teacher and educator, and you want
to fix it but you can't because software are frozen. It is where
software stacks based on Cuis change this aspect and make system more
malleable to the user need. Well, here we all know that.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu