[Cuis-dev] Dynabook and education

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Sat Jun 20 12:06:45 PDT 2020

Le 20/06/2020 à 11:41, Philip Bernhart a écrit :
> n this context I think objects should be as powerful or powerless as an
> Image. They both should be objects in the same regard. And when it comes
> to my preferences I think an actor based system would be an improvement,
> not putting the Images on different cores but putting the objects
> themselves on different cores.

Hi Philip,

I don't know about the Actor concept. I should look at the literature.
Is it about communicating with an object independently of the place
(image) where it is instantiated?

In the context of a Dynabook as I described it in my previous emails,
what would be the practical implication and/or benefit to use the Action
concept?

While doing I web research I found the Squeak Actors library, it looks
elaborate https://tonyg.github.io/squeak-actors

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo