[Cuis-dev] Ropes paper, Traits & ropes

Philip Bernhart philip.bernhart at posteo.de
Mon May 18 23:20:35 PDT 2020

ken.dickey at whidbey.com writes:

> On 2020-05-18 14:52, Philip Bernhart via Cuis-dev wrote:
>> "ken.dickey--- via Cuis-dev" <cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> writes:
> ..
>>> I am not a Zoom user and don't own a cell phone, but perhaps we could
>>> each hoist a beer on the other side of a desktop screen.  Google
>>> Hangouts? Zoom? Skype? Whatever..
>>
>> Or Jitsi. My local hackerspace got a jitsi server temporarily sponsored
>> (which is shared with other hackerspaces in Germany). Just name a
>> time and people could be found in https://meet.metalab.at/CuisMeetup
>
> Ah!  Aside from my reaching back to even remember those days...
>
> Time frame.  Hmm.. 5PM Monday here (US/Pacific), 9PM Monday Argentina,
> 2AM Tuesday Germany.
>
> So how about 7AM for me, 11AM Argentina, 4PM Germany?  We might run into
> lunch/dinner hour..
>
> Then date.  Tomorrow is bad for me.  Thursday?

I don't have any plans yet. Thursday, would be fine for me.
So 2020-05-21 14:00:00 UTC? Or would be better for Argentinia be
better 2020-05-18 18:00:00 UTC?

Maybe on a weekend as these over the world time coordination
inevitable runs into the work schedule of someone.

> How would this work for folks?  Who has an interest but could not do
> Thursday at above?

Repeating it at a different date? I don't know.

> Philip -- How about a "preflight"?  Just you and I so that I know my you
> can see+hear me on my  laptop?  What date+time is good for you?  Does
> not have to be long.

Any time you want to test the setup, as long as it fits into
  Mo-Sun, 14:00:00 UTC - 18:00:00 UTC
just send me a mail before with sufficient lag time (1h)
to react to it.

Cheers,
Philip