[Cuis-dev] Porting Aida to Cuis

Philip Bernhart philip.bernhart at posteo.de
Mon May 25 12:56:20 PDT 2020

Hi Janko,

Janko Mivšek via Cuis-dev <cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> writes:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'd like to port just released Aida/Web 6.8 to Cuis, which looks quite a
> nice Smalltalk (congrats to Juan and other contributors).
>
> But I'm short of time. It would help me a lot if someone just load
> SPort, Swazoo and Aida to Cuis from a SqueakSource, then I can try to
> investigate any problems. At the end you can help me again publishing
> the Cuis way. But if someone do a whole port by yourself, even better.
>
> There is a port done by German, which can help solve any differences
> between Squeak and Cuis needed to run Aida. There is also SPort
> portability layer as a prerequisite already ported.

I'm currently NOT planning to port Aida to Cuis as I'm currently
more interested in my projects. BUT I created a repository for
people who want to port it, I loaded the files and stored them
in the file-out fileformat cuis expects. Trying to load the whole
thing into Cuis basically froze the whole image. I attached that
too for reference.

Repository: https://github.com/Phantasus/Cuis-Smalltalk-Aida-Porting

So happy porting?

Cheers,