[Cuis-dev] Porting Aida to Cuis

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Tue May 26 02:26:36 PDT 2020

Hi Philip,

Philip Bernhart via Cuis-dev je 25. 05. 20 ob 21:56 napisal:

> I'm currently NOT planning to port Aida to Cuis as I'm currently
> more interested in my projects. BUT I created a repository for
> people who want to port it, I loaded the files and stored them
> in the file-out fileformat cuis expects. Trying to load the whole
> thing into Cuis basically froze the whole image. I attached that
> too for reference.
>
> Repository: https://github.com/Phantasus/Cuis-Smalltalk-Aida-Porting
>
> So happy porting?

Perfect! Now I hope someone will continue. Few suggestions:

1. There are actually three separate packages: SPort, Swazoo and Aida,
    shall we open separate packages in Cuis too?
2. SPort is unchanged, we can just copy it from previous ports like
    latest from Phil: https://github.com/pbella/Cuis-Smalltalk-Aida ;
3. Swazoo is lightly changed, it could be upgraded manually from a diff;
4. there are lots of changes in a new Aida, so the best is to load it
    completely from Squeak then inspect previous ports for Cuis
    specialties;
5. Object first*FromStack (climbing on the stack) methods are first to
    be inspected - compared from ones is previous ports. If Cuis did some
    changes in handling of Smalltalk execution context (#thisContext) of
    course.

Hope this helps
Janko