[Cuis-dev] For Test: Layouts + EdgeWeight

Dan Norton dnorton at mindspring.com
Sun May 31 11:58:37 PDT 2020

Looking at example11 raises this question: when is fixedWidth not
fixed? The following description applies before and after Ken's change
set:

In the top row (Row1) the left-most and right-most morphs specify a
fixed width in their layout specs, yet when the adjacent adjuster
morphs are slid, their widths change.

Also, there are 4 adjuster morphs in Row1, apparently defined in the
same way, yet their behaviors differ: the outer two expand and contract
ALL the interior morphs while the interior ones only affect the morphs
immediately adjacent to them - their scopes are different.

The power and flexibility of Morphic is awesome but how do you describe
all the nuances? Maybe you don't. Maybe you just say "play with it and
see what it does." Ken is doing that in some of his packages.

 - Dan