[Cuis-dev] FileOutRework and personal introduction.

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Wed Nov 18 09:57:23 PST 2020

Thank you for the contribution Mauro! It really helps to have the func.
that you mention.
I haven't look at it, but if I see it make sense I'll added to the packages
loaded in the CuisUniversity image

Thanks!
Hernan.

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 12:46 PM Mauro Rizzi via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>
> My name is Mauro Rizzi and i'm currently studying Computer Engineering in
> the Engineering Faculty of the University of Buenos Aires.
>
> We're using cuisUniversity as an environment for one of our classes and I
> found current fileOut implementations to be counter productive to a good
> git workflow. The current idea of having fileOut always fileOut to image
> path means you either have to have your repository on your image folder or
> you have to manually move the file to your local repository folder.
>
> This is not conductive to making frequent commits but rather it results in
> us just doing a single giant commit at the end of the session.
>
> Because of this I set out to make a package that would streamline the user
> experience allowing for cuis to remember the last destination you filed out
> to and adding the option for the user to directly specify a new destination.
>
> You can find the package in my FileOutRework repository.
> <https://github.com/Mauro-Rizzi/FileOutRework>
>
> I've just started with this rework but I was encouraged by my teacher to
> share it with you, so far I've only implemented this behaviour for the
> Category list context submenus for the System browser.
>
> I'm open to any comments, criticisms or requests for collaboration.
>
> Hope you all have a nice week!
> Kind regards.
> *Mauro Rizzi*

*Phone: +54-011*-4893-2057