[Cuis-dev] [RFC] Namespaces, changes to SystemDictionary, Object and a dictionary class for tracking environment implementations

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Mon Oct 5 12:47:23 PDT 2020

Hi Gerald,

I am looking at methods in EnvironmentImplementationsDictionary.

I am confused. Perhaps a class comment could clarify.

In my mind, one uses Environments (Namespaces) to allow multiple classes
with the same name to exist without problems.

But looking at (e.g.)
   EnvironmentImplementationsDictionary>>classNamed:
it appears that the first class with some name is returned.

I would expect something more like a set of (Env->Class) where each
class has the same class name.

So I am missing something fundamental.

Can you help me out?

Thanks much!