[Cuis-dev] [RFC][Proposal] A possible refactor of the Morph hierarchy

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Tue Oct 13 08:21:17 PDT 2020

On 2020-10-13 07:43, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
..
> - Add a new subclass of Morph, called WidgetMorph that essentially
> includes all of RectangleLikeMorph and BorderedRectMorph.
> - Make all subclasses of BorderedRectMorph (except for EllipseMorph
> and PasteUpMorph) to be subclasses of WidgetMorph
> - Make all subclasses of RectangleLikeMorph (except for
> BorderedRectMorph, HaloMorph, HaloHandleMorph and HandMorph) be
> subclasses of WidgetMorph, with a defaultBorderWidth of zero
>
> In this way, all Widget morphs will be in the WidgetMorph hierarchy,
> improving consistency and making it easier to explain and remember.
>
> - RectangleLikeMorph and BorderedRectMorph might get deleted.

For depricated, just orphan RectangleLikeMorph and BorderedRectMorph and
make them subclasses of WidgetMorph.

> Thoughts? Suggestions for improving this sketch?

I think the above good ideas.

Pandora's idea: refactor Morphic-Widgets-Extras and Morphic-Misc1 to
separate out the tool-like things (radio buttons, value entry, window
title) from play-like things (mangnifier, line, bordered image).  I
could go either way on PickA*Pallet's.

I think we could use Layout{Morph,Spec}EditPanel(s) as examples in the
book.

$002,
-KenD