[Cuis-dev] [RFC][Proposal] A possible refactor of the Morph hierarchy

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Thu Oct 15 16:26:33 PDT 2020

Hi Folks,

I just went forward with this. I moved RectangleLikeMorph,
BorderedRectMorph, EllipseMorph, StringMorph, and UpdatingStringMorph to
the new Morphic-Deprecated.pck.st package. I udated all the affected
packages in the Cuis-Smalltalk GitHub organization. When possible, I
fixed them making them reference the new classes. But for a few, heavy
users of EllipseMorph, I added to them Morphic-Deprecated as a
prerequisite. If your packages, I suggest a similar strategy.

Some of the updates interrupt the update process itself. Applying
updates therefore requirese several restarts. This breaks the automatic
tests run. For this reason, I also pushed updated images. Tests are
green on GitHub now.

Thanks,