[Cuis-dev] [] storeString freezes the image

Nicolás Papagna Maldonado nicolas.papagna at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 17:16:43 PDT 2020

Hi Juan, folks

I gave the code a quick try and, for my needs, it is working great.
Tried storing a block closure as a preference value and I was able to
retrieve and evaluated fine.

Also, I removed the preference so the compiled accessor exercise the
"ifAbsent" branch, and the closure was reconstructed and evaluated fine
too 👏

One minor thing, this is how it looks (I don't know if that is intended or
not):

*testPref*
  ^ self
    valueOfFlag: #testPref
    ifAbsent: [
           (*SerializableBlockClosure* basicNew

            instVarAt: 1
            put: nil;

            instVarAt: 2
            put: '[ BrowserWindow findClass. ]';

            instVarAt: 3
            put: #();
      yourself) asEvaluable ].

Al least from my needs, it is good to go.
Thinking out loud here too, I don't think anyone is relying on this
behavior because, well... the image freezes :)

Thanks!
Nico PM

--

Nicolás Papagna