[Cuis-dev] [ANN] Futures for Cuis

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Tue Sep 29 12:45:07 PDT 2020

On 2020-09-15 19:06, Philip Bernhart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> maybe your promise efforts could be integrated into the
> actors port of Squeak Actors?
>
> https://github.com/Phantasus/Cuis-Smalltalk-Actors
>
> Currently I'm occupied with other things, but that would
> be interesting so that Cuis could have too an official
> actors package.
>

> Cheers,
> Philip

Hi Philip, Hi All,

Actors for Squeak uses an existing specification for futures. My futures
package does not conform to this specification.
However I learned that it may be worthwhile,
to provide access to the future itself.
Currently only proxies to the futures' results are provided.

Which Smalltalk (or Cuis) projects do use actors? Meaning: Is there any
need for such a
package?

Best Regards,

Gerald