[Cuis-dev] Clicking the 'collapse' halo handle brings up the debugger

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Mon Apr 5 07:28:58 PDT 2021

On 2021-04-05 05:57, Pat Foley via Cuis-dev wrote:

> It complains that unidentified object does not understand #canvas.
> The unidentified object in question is 'self world', which for the
> collapse handle comes back #nil.

Safer is
     Object runningWorld

> Why do we still have halos anyway?

I use them quite a bit, but I do some construction by composing Morphs
and use Morph menus with Drag 'n Drop 'MetaProperties' to set colors,
layouts ...  Very handy in prototype construction and adjusting layouts.

I have no problems in getting information multiple ways.

Handles for me also indicate "construction mode".  [Smalltalk Agents had
an animates box with yellow and grey cross stripes to indicate this.
Pretty cool for construction kits.].

$0.02,
-KenD