[Cuis-dev] CoreUpdate 4548

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Mon Apr 5 09:59:01 PDT 2021

On 4/4/2021 1:20 PM, Luciano Notarfrancesco via Cuis-dev wrote:
> I think the redrawNeeded is there to force the target morph to redraw,
> and since it now has a halo the canvas will draw the coordinate
> system. But I don’t understand why it has to be made like that, why
> does the canvas have to know anything about halos, why cant HaloMorph
> draw the coordinate system instead?

In the current design, a HaloMorph is submorph of the world, and has no
owner / submorph relationship with its target Morph. So, it doesn't
really know anything about the coordinate system of the target. The
object that knows how coordinate systems get transformed by morphs is
the Canvas, as it traverses the World morph tree to draw morphs. It felt
like a convenient place to do it. It is possible that we find a better /
nicer design, though. If play a bit with this stuff, maybe you can
suggest an alternative.

Thanks!