[Cuis-dev] Vector icons?

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sat Apr 24 08:00:30 PDT 2021

On 2021-04-24 12:39, Bernhard Pieber via Cuis-dev wrote:
..

     Are there any examples of vector icons in some package? What ist the
     general idea, will we be using SVG or lower level graphics
operations?

This is uncached drawing yet (per-stroke SVG drawing), so expect SLOW.
THIS IS PRTOTYPE CODE (expect breakage).

But..

A fairly good looking icon set is:

  http://freshmeat.sourceforge.net/projects/svg-icons/

Black & White (simpler) icons:

   git clone https://github.com/matthaywardwebdesign/icon

Look in 'svg' directory.  All MIT licenced.

Too many B&W Icons.  I split directory into android-* ios-* ie-* and
others.

Android and IOS load fine, but both ie-* and others fail because:

   Number readFrom: '.5'. --> error: at least 1 digit expected
   ('0.5' works)

Should be easy fix, but I have not done it.

vvv===vvv===vvv
Feature require: 'SVG'.
Feature require: 'Morphic-Misc1'.
"In a FileList
   install
<where-ever>/4568-CuisCore-SVGReadSupport-2021Apr11-08h24m-KenD.001.cs.st
   fileIn <wherever>/SVGImagePallet.st
"
SVGIconsPk := (ContentPack new loadContentFrom: '/<where-ever>/SVGIcons'
asDirectoryEntry ).
SVGIconsPk size.
SVGImagePallet fromDictionary: SVGIconsPk imageExtent: 32 at 32.
"This last will open an icon picker. Slow; get a cup of coffee"

Just for fun!
-KenD

[Code & ScreenShot separate;  This 100K limit really sucks!]