[Cuis-dev] I updated the RegEx package, please give it a shot

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Mon Aug 2 12:20:28 PDT 2021

On 8/2/2021 2:13 PM, Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> out of absolute need i tried to fix the RegEx package.
> Now: A] it works B] no external packages C] it loads as a Feature.

Nice. Absolute need is one of the best reasons to write code!

> Please give it a try before i make a pull request to German Arduino.

I just cloned, loaded and ran the tests. They ran fine.

I guess you are now the lead developer of Cuis-Smalltalk-RegEx.

Germán Arduino passed away two years away. He was a good friend and
member of this community.

> Many thanks to KenD who told me how to make it load as a Feature
> and to Squeak people from which I stole a few methods ;)
>
> Here the repository:
> https://github.com/nmingotti/Cuis-Smalltalk-RegEx
>
> PS1. The only thing i could do to check all is fine it to
> run the unit tests, CAVEAT, I never did it before.
>
> PS2. I warn you. There is something wicked into the unit test.
> When i was adding methods at some point it told me all was fine.
> Then, I rebooted Cuis and suddenly new problems of missing methods
> popped up.
> This is too difficult for me to investigate, I leave it to more
> experienced hands.
>
> Bye
>
> Nicola

Tests ran fine for me. Don't worry, you'll get used to Smalltalk, and
you'll learn how to query and debug the system.