[Cuis-dev] NL vs CR

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 16:37:53 PDT 2021

Ken,

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 7:04 PM ken.dickey--- via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> On 2021-08-02 15:04, Vanessa Freudenberg via Cuis-dev wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 10:13 AM Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev
> > <cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:
> >
> >> https://github.com/nmingotti/Cuis-Smalltalk-RegEx
> >
> > I'm noticing a happy mix of line endings in these source files.
> >
> > Is there a general policy about that in Cuis? I'd have thought git
> > would be much happier with newlines.
>
>    Character newLineCharacter asciiValue. --> 10  "LineFeed"
>
> This seems to keep git happy.
>
> I believe there is/was an easy way to get Browser panes to convert CRs
> to LFs, but it has been so long that I have forgotten.  ANyone?

I don't remember a way to do it in Browser panes[1], but I definitely
recall there is/was a way to do it when loading packages.  (for the life of
me, I can't remember what it is)

[1] If there was such a feature, it came along after it was an issue for me
as I had long since migrated everything of mine to use LF.

> Cheers,
> -KenD

Thanks,
Phil