[Cuis-dev] NL vs CR

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 16:34:31 PDT 2021

Vanessa,

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 6:04 PM Vanessa Freudenberg via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 10:13 AM Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev <
> cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:
>

>> https://github.com/nmingotti/Cuis-Smalltalk-RegEx
>>

> I'm noticing a happy mix of line endings in these source files.

I wouldn't call it a 'happy' mix :-)   Cuis source code can include CR but
it is a bit ugly in editor windows.

> Is there a general policy about that in Cuis? I'd have thought git would
> be much happier with newlines.

Use LF, it makes for a more pleasant editing experience and is more git
friendly. IIRC, there is a git repo setting (primarily used by Windows
developers) you can use to make it work better with CR but that's not what
we typically do.  Just as an FYI, I believe git will technically work with
CR but the diffs will be ugly as it will treat chunks of files as one big
line until it hits a LF.

> Vanessa

Thanks,
Phil