[Cuis-dev] NL vs CR

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Mon Aug 2 17:49:43 PDT 2021

On 8/2/2021 7:04 PM, Vanessa Freudenberg via Cuis-dev wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 10:13 AM Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev
> <cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st <mailto:cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st>> wrote:
>

>     https://github.com/nmingotti/Cuis-Smalltalk-RegEx
>

> I'm noticing a happy mix of line endings in these source files.
>
> Is there a general policy about that in Cuis? I'd have thought git
> would be much happier with newlines.
>
> Vanessa

The standard in Cuis is to use LF. It seems this new repo by Nicola is
missing the .gitattributes file that we usually add to tell git not to
mess with line endings. Nicola, please see Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev and add
the file. You can also fix line endings as I say below.

A convenient way to fix denormal files is to open a FileList, click on
the file, move to editor (bottom half), do cmd/alr-a (select all),
cmd/alt-shift-u (convert to LF), cmd/alt-s (save).