[Cuis-dev] I have some issues running the conf. script file at startup

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Tue Aug 3 02:16:10 PDT 2021

Hi Nicola,

What I am guessing: the start up script invoked with the -s command ran
in a process of higher priority than the UI process -- where the morph
operations occur.

Sending the message #doOneCycle is forcing one loop of update of the UI,
i.e. the requested Morphic operations are forced to take place
immediately (mostly?)

Your forked process, with the delay, just delays your Morphic operations
once the start up script has been entirely executed -- or something like
that.

I should add a note in the ad-hoc book section, but I don't understand
fully the evolution of the issue -- was working with previous image and
not anymore now if the #doOneCycle message is not send.

I opened an issue
https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/TheCuisBook/issues/15 to not forget
about it.

Feel free to add comment to this issue when needed so we can fix the
documentation appropriately.

Thanks

Hilaire

--