[Cuis-dev] I think i found a bug in the debugger

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 09:14:29 PDT 2021

Hi guys,

I hit a stupid bug today ... to find it was nasty, i think because
the debugger does not show what (at least I) would expect.

Please see the attached picture here:
https://pasteboard.co/KeEwgAy.png

If you look at the debugger bottom right pane you think
that 'aStringRepr' is nil, right? Well, it is not so,
If you inspect it, see inspector in the middle of the screen,
you see it actually is 'nil', that is a String containing a 3 letter value.

This happens also for numbers, if they are inside Strings the debugger
does not show eg: '123', but 123. That is some kind of "print
representation".

I think this is very much undesirable and an unexpected behavior,
at least for a beginner;)

bye
Nicola