[Cuis-dev] I can't find new methods added by Juan ??!??

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Mon Aug 9 05:54:56 PDT 2021

On 09/08/2021 09:03 a.m., Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Hi Gerald,
>

> .... cut ...
> The changes are in the directory Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/CoreUpdates
>> Yes. Pull the repo every time you start to setup a new image.
>>> 3. The changes have numbers, when the change number is larger then
>>> the Image number it means
>> No, My understanding is that the change number is exactly the same
>> as the image number. But some image version only materialize in
>> Juan's development environment, because he has the habit
>> of posting core updates in bunches.
>
> Nono;) they have progressive numbers, look into CoreUpdates. It is
> very nice.
> Watching the number you can tell who is not in your image.
>
> At least, i guess it is like that, maybe we need Juan here ;)

I think you are both right, just you didn't get what Gerald said.

BTW, this is the way Squeak updates were distributed in the Squeak
Central days. It worked well, and I just kept doing the same. (Except
for the git part. Squeak would connect to Internet by itself.)

> One thing though, is then when you incorporate all the changes
> then World -> Help -> About, keeps telling the image version instead
> of the
> last change file you loaded.

That would be `SystemVersion current highestUpdate`