[Cuis-dev] I can't find new methods added by Juan ??!??

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 05:03:21 PDT 2021

Hi Gerald,

.... cut ...
The changes are in the directory Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/CoreUpdates
> Yes. Pull the repo every time you start to setup a new image.
>> 3. The changes have numbers, when the change number is larger then
>> the Image number it means
> No, My understanding is that the change number is exactly the same
> as the image number. But some image version only materialize in
> Juan's development environment, because he has the habit
> of posting core updates in bunches.

Nono;) they have progressive numbers, look into CoreUpdates. It is very
nice.
Watching the number you can tell who is not in your image.

At least, i guess it is like that, maybe we need Juan here ;)

One thing though, is then when you incorporate all the changes
then World -> Help -> About, keeps telling the image version instead of the
last change file you loaded.

>> 6. This is a change to the image, if you want to make it permanent
>> save the image with a proper name.
> Yes. Alas there is now automatic name generation.
> One might be tempted to say 'Save new Cuis release',
> but this does something different. Don't use it! Thank you a lot Gerald !
> You are welcome!

Ok, I will not.

> On might add (hopefully anticipating your next question):
> If you install your current working environment from a script
> `ChangeSet installNewUpdates` might be useful, somewhere at
> the beginning of your script.

yes, that might be the next step ;)

But I think i will keep working always with image releases. The reason is,
when i will write documentation i will write the image release where i
tested the
code. If I start taking into account also Core updates I think it will
become too hard for beginners to understand and to manage.

bye
Nicola