[Cuis-dev] Book recommended for beginners : "Squeak by Example ed 2020"

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 06:10:58 PDT 2021

Hi guys,

One of the first books I red when I stared in Smalltalk was "Squeak by
example",
it is a nice little book. It had a problem though, it was already 10
years old when i red it.

I noticed yesterday there is a new edition !
Wonderful occasion for beginners ! Get it now, you can download the pdf
for free or get the printed copy.
https://squeak.org/documentation/

There are some differences with Cuis, of course, but I wold say 80% of the
book applies straight into Cuis as well. An excellent companion to our
Cuis-Smalltalk book.

I post this primarily thinking of our Joseph, who would like to follow a
book step by step.

bye
Nicola