[Cuis-dev] [IMPROV] Add convenience method to read JSON strings

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Sat Aug 14 03:07:26 PDT 2021

Le 12/08/2021 à 12:15, Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev a écrit :
> The client side is just JS. The server side is more interesting
> because the data structures are complex. Here my guess is that
> Smalltalk can
> play a big role in complexity reduction. Up to now I guess yes, it can
> work !!

Smalltalk is incredibly good to manage a complex model. If you pay
attention to write tests for the critical part of your model it will
both help to ensure its consistency over time and code evolution, and
serve as well as documenting your model.

I once wrote a server side financial application for loans restructuring
(never made public and not completely finished because of disagreement).
It was astonishing how Smalltalk helped to manage the complexity.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu