[Cuis-dev] [IMPROV] Mouse Wheel Events

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Thu Aug 19 08:15:40 PDT 2021

On 8/19/2021 3:35 AM, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev wrote:
> On 8/19/21 12:38 AM, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
>> On 8/18/2021 4:28 PM, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev wrote:
>>> Hi all, Hi Juan,
>>>
>>> Please find attached a change set that
>>> implements and enables mouse-wheel-events for
>>> Cuis.
>>>

>>> HTH and Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Gerald
>>
>> Hi Gerald,
>>
>> I apologize for not answering this thread before. I'm having trouble
>> finding time to catch up with the (very welcome!) recent increase in
>> mail traffic. I promise I'll do it tomorrow morning.
>>
>> Thanks for your work on this, and for your patience!
>>
> Hi Juan,
>
> that's completely OK. Please use all the time it takes
> to review and test that change-set.
> I have taken precautions; I can recreate this
> change-set from a package whenever I like.
>
> Please note (me repeating myself):
> It shouldn't have ant effect on MacOS,
> which needs to be verified.
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for this fine piece of work!

I only had to do one small change in #sendMouseWheelEvents and
#sendMouseWheelEvents: . Squeak only runs on Cog VMs. Cuis can run on a
broader set of VMs, like Dave's 32 bit interpreter for 64 bit Linux. In
these cases, vmParameter 48 is not available, so I handled that case.

I tested briefly on my Mac, and saw no problems. The "wheel through
keyboard" events sent by the VM work the same as before.

I just pushed it to GitHub.

Thanks!