[Cuis-dev] VectorGrahicsPlugin Troubles (WAS: Re: A few tweaks to preferences)

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sun Aug 22 11:09:36 PDT 2021

On 8/21/2021 4:36 PM, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Any chance to recreate the menus with the proper font?
>
> Admittedly I learned to like this (mis)feature.
> Often I create the menus with a bigger font than I will use for
> windows, especially when my eyesight is bad due to hay-fever.
> HTH,
>
> Gerald

As you saw, VectorGraphics can not handle StrikeFonts. The problem is
not only in menus. Any TextEditor, using StrikeFont, or any Browser with
unaccepted changes, or a Workspace with styled code will exhibit the
limitation.

I don't think it is worth the trouble and increased complexity to fix
this. Maybe a better and simpler solution is to warn the user, and (if
user confirms) simply delete any morph using StrikeFonts.