[Cuis-dev] Is it possible to collapse the Windows in the old fashioned way (title only) ?

Gerald Klix Gerald.Klix at klix.ch
Mon Aug 23 10:09:58 PDT 2021

On 8/23/21 6:51 PM, Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I see the default collapse behavior in Cuis is to minimize the Windows and
> put it into the taskbar at the bottom, this is very nice to see, it the
> classic for modern OS.
Well, my openbox WM can "roll-up" windows, but I do not use it much.

> Looking at old Smalltalk videos and through the LaLonde book I see it
> was possible
> to collapse a Windows keeping only its title on the screen.
> I think this would be a productivity super booster for my use case.
"Was possible" sounds funny, because this was the only,
thus "mandatory, option.

> Please let me know if It is still possible, if not I will try to
> re-implement that feature as soon as I can :)
Would you mind to file issues at github, I am loosing
track of all that tiny, but very useful, proposals.

BTW: How about adding a preference to display the
(abbreviated) window title in the taskbar
instead of the tiny bitmap. I wondered for a very long
time how this tiny bitmaps should be useful,
until I discovered that they different colors of Cuis'
standard theme are very helpful to discriminate the
taskbar's bitmaps.

Just my 0.02€,

Gerald