[Cuis-dev] Is it possible to collapse the Windows in the old fashioned way (title only) ?

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 10:20:15 PDT 2021

On 8/23/21 7:09 PM, Gerald Klix wrote:

> On 8/23/21 6:51 PM, Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I see the default collapse behavior in Cuis is to minimize the
>> Windows and
>> put it into the taskbar at the bottom, this is very nice to see, it the
>> classic for modern OS.
> Well, my openbox WM can "roll-up" windows, but I do not use it much.
>>
>> Looking at old Smalltalk videos and through the LaLonde book I see it
>> was possible
>> to collapse a Windows keeping only its title on the screen.
>> I think this would be a productivity super booster for my use case.
> "Was possible" sounds funny, because this was the only,
> thus "mandatory, option.
>>
>> Please let me know if It is still possible, if not I will try to
>> re-implement that feature as soon as I can :)
> Would you mind to file issues at github, I am loosing
> track of all that tiny, but very useful, proposals.
>
> BTW: How about adding a preference to display the
> (abbreviated) window title in the taskbar
> instead of the tiny bitmap. I wondered for a very long
> time how this tiny bitmaps should be useful,
> until I discovered that they different colors of Cuis'
> standard theme are very helpful to discriminate the
> taskbar's bitmaps.
>

> Just my 0.02€,
>
> Gerald

Hi Gerald,

ok, i copy this to GitHub, we keep it for future little project.
Please don't to it ;) In this case there is no hurry, so let me try
when I will be a little less stressed.

Also the preference is cool. I don't use much the icons at the bottom
I think i prefer the "drawer semantic".

I am not putting much stuff in github because unfortunately we can't
have labels and i fear the explosion of a super mess mixing proposals,
silly bugs, bad bugs, docs-to-do, doc-to-fix etc.

bye
Nicola