[Cuis-dev] Is it possible to collapse the Windows in the old fashioned way (title only) ?

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Tue Aug 24 01:30:24 PDT 2021

Hi Hilare,

On 8/24/21 10:22 AM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:
> The usability issue with the title only windows is that they are most of
> the time hidden behind other windows and you just lost track of them. I
> am not sure you will still like them after some time using them.
>
> On think that may be nice, but I think in the context of educational
> use, is the project window à la Squeak. Someone in the list, David ?,
> implemented it for Cuis.
Yep, he did a nice job. I ported them to Haver added some management
UI and other niceties. Including some derived classes that record
all VM events and can replay them later. Alas til now I was
too lazy to document them.

See: https://hg.sr.ht/~cy-de-fect/HaverOnCuis/browse/haver/worlds

> Hilaire
>
> Le 23/08/2021 à 21:51, ken.dickey--- via Cuis-dev a écrit :
>>
>>> Looking at old Smalltalk videos and through the LaLonde book I see it
>>> was possible
>>> to collapse a Windows keeping only its title on the screen.
>>
>> I for one never really liked window-shade or title-only.

Best Regards,

Gerald