[Cuis-dev] Strange behavior with stepping

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Aug 24 11:23:58 PDT 2021

On 8/23/2021 4:15 AM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> In the link below, an image exposing the issue.
>
> You move one of the three points. Then in the transcript, you see a
> message informing the stillDown handler step is (re)started, then
> immediately after is printed in the transcipt a message the
> mouseStillDown method was called. This last event should have occurred
> 1500 ms later, not immediately.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/ww6udqmjctm5e74/drgeoMouseStillDown.zip?dl=0
>
> Best
>
> Hilaire
>
> Le 22/08/2021 à 19:59, Juan Vuletich a écrit :
>> Please save an image where you see the problem and make it available
>> to me. This way I'll be able to understand what's going on, debug it,
>> and either fix it, or confirm that Phil's suggestion is the best
>> alternative.
> --
> GNU Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu
> http://blog.drgeo.eu

Hi Hilaire,

Now I see. Thanks. Running exactly the same code as you makes it easy to
understand.

The problem is that DrGDrawable is inheriting
#processMouseMove:localPosition: from Morph, that is also doing `self
startStepping: #processMouseStillDown stepTime: 1`.

If I copy down that method to DrGDrawable and remove the last two lines,
I get the behavior you want. I'm not sure if this is the right solution,
as DrGDrawable has many methods related to event handling, and I only
spent a few minutes here.

Hope this helps.