[Cuis-dev] [IMPROV] Preferences Menu With Better Feedback

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Tue Aug 31 08:57:10 PDT 2021

I think I understand your problem.
There is no way to unpin
a menu, you only can close it.
See my video at 39s.

There are methods
MenuMorph>>stayUp and MenuMorph>>stayUp: <bool>,
but `<myMenu> stayUp: false` only removes the menu
from the taskbar. IMHO unpinning a menu would not make much
sense, because unpinned menus are modal, the consume, more
or less all UI events. Reentering that state would make
little difference. You don't need to press the menu's close
button to close an unpinned menu and the menu will close
if you select an item. This would lead to this sequence of
events:

pinned --unpin--> unpinned --select item--> close
pinned --select item--> pinned --close button--> close

Both sequences require two mouse clicks;
you save nothing by unpinning a menu.

HTH,

Gerald