[Cuis-dev] Morphic-Widget repo

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Fri Dec 10 12:56:43 PST 2021

On 2021-12-10 01:29, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Will you agree to make a Morphic-Widget repo? Into, we could organize
> and push widgets for Cuis.

I just set up an (empty) repo,
https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Smalltalk-Morphic for this.

The README.md says:

"Morphic-Widgets for general use

This is a work in progress intended to replace Morphic-Misc1 and
Morphic-Widgets-Extras with a more useful set of widgets and widget
components for Morphic authoring.
"

I attached a previous note (a bit old now).

One question is if/how to "layer" widgets and components.

For example, DropColorMorph, FontMorph, SignMorph, .. are used for Drag
'n Drop but are not widgets themselves.  Likewise, radio buttons, number
entry, simple editing, multi-select, .. are useful components.

Would it be less confusing to Cuis users to have a Widgets package which
depends on a Widget-Components package?

Are there useful ways to organize multiple packages that both reduce
confusion and perhaps aid learning or should we have a (hopefully) small
"most of what you want/need" General-Use-Widgets and separately loadable
packages for Color Editing, Layout & Layout Spec Editing, Color Picker
Selection .. ?

If you would like to contribute and I have not added your name to the
Access/Collaborator list, let me know.  I just started with some of the
"usual suspects".

Right now we have a blank sheet of paper, which is the worst case.  You
may wish to wait for concrete proposals and fix 'em.

Good on ya,
-KenD