[Cuis-dev] Morphic-Widget repo

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Sat Dec 11 10:59:14 PST 2021

Le 10/12/2021 à 21:56, ken.dickey at whidbey.com a écrit :
> I just set up an (empty) repo,
> https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Smalltalk-Morphic for this.
Thanks
> I attached a previous note (a bit old now).
>
> One question is if/how to "layer" widgets and components.
> For example, DropColorMorph, FontMorph, SignMorph, .. are used for
> Drag 'n Drop but are not widgets themselves.  Likewise, radio buttons,
> number entry, simple editing, multi-select, .. are useful components.
>
> Would it be less confusing to Cuis users to have a Widgets package
> which depends on a Widget-Components package?
>
> Are there useful ways to organize multiple packages that both reduce
> confusion and perhaps aid learning or should we have a (hopefully)
> small "most of what you want/need" General-Use-Widgets and separately
> loadable packages for Color Editing, Layout & Layout Spec Editing,
> Color Picker Selection .. ?

GTK+[1] and TK[2] are organized as one file per widget. There are some
logical aggregations, thought:  basic widgets from a same family --
different kind of buttons  as radio, check, ... -- are grouped in a same
file. If we take your examples: Color Editing and Color picker Selection
could go in a same package. As well Layout & co. Panel and accessory
morphs as the Title Morph will go in its own package.

Hilaire

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/blob/main/gtk/gtk.h

[2] https://github.com/tcltk/tk/tree/main/library

--