[Cuis-dev] Morphic-Widget repo

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sun Dec 12 16:29:03 PST 2021

On 2021-12-11 10:59, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Le 10/12/2021 à 21:56, ken.dickey at whidbey.com a écrit :
..
>> Are there useful ways to organize multiple packages that both reduce
>> confusion and perhaps aid learning or should we have a (hopefully)
>> small "most of what you want/need" General-Use-Widgets and separately
>> loadable packages for Color Editing, Layout & Layout Spec Editing,
>> Color Picker Selection .. ?

> GTK+[1] and TK[2] are organized as one file per widget. There are some
> logical aggregations, though:  basic widgets from a same family --

This extremely fine grained approach seems a bad fit for Cuis.

I propose a bit of clustering:

     Morphs-For-Widgets (ellipse, frame, ..)
        Text Entry (fillins)
        Selectors (radio buttons,..)
        Drag'nDrop elements
           Panels
           Selection Pallets
              Collected-Widgets (all of the above)
                 Widget-Users (just Layout{,Spec} Editors for now)
                 Examples (line, parts bin, magnifier, ..)

So I spent the day getting this together.

[git clone https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Smalltalk-Morphic]

I have not yet gotten to Color Editor.

Note the large number of package categories added to Morph.

Try the base plus:
   Feature require: #'Widget-Users'.
or
   Feature require: #'Examples-Morphic'.
or
   Some subset.

If we like this, we can see where/how other added widgets fit.

-KenD