[Cuis-dev] Renaming several fundamental Morph classes

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Tue Dec 21 13:34:34 PST 2021

Le 21/12/2021 à 20:02, Juan Vuletich a écrit :
> MovableMorph -> MorphicWidget

It makes sense, because a widget is a graphic element the user can
interact with. Whatever its shape, rectangular or not.

Will naming the class only Widget makes sense

> WidgetMorph -> GUIControlMorph

So GUIControlMorph will be rectangular widget, this is what is expect in
graphical control element.

Make sense

> KernelMorph -> SpecialMorph

Kernel was not great, because you can wonder why it is kernel, why Morph
is not the kernel.

Can you explain what is special with SpecialMorph?

> WorldMorph -> MorphicWorld
> PasteUpMorph   -> PlaygroundMorph

The proposed names are more meaningful for me.

I am wondering, do we need to drag these Morph post/prefix? IIt could
look like

Please wait a bit before applying the change, we discuss a bit more.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu